Wow ! I'm cooking. My favorite fast time is making my family happy specially when I make special dishes and snacks. I will post some Filipino dishes ,snacks, and recipes that I've used many times. Hope you enjoy my YUMMY food dishes. Very simple to make.
Special Monggo Hopia- Hopia (hó-piá) is the best and popular Filipino bean filled pastry. Great for snacks!
- Dough 1
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Shortening (Crisco brand) or Lard
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Mongo bean, boiled and mashed
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
Dough 2 Roll in fat
- Cook mongo with the water until it has turned into a thick paste and the mongo is mashed. Add 1 can of condensed milk. Chill until thoroughly cool.
- Meanwhile, make doughs. by mixing all the ingredients for dough 1 and separately dough 2.